My Dream Car

My Dream Car
This is what I Really want for Christmas

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Creativity vs. "Work"

Every morning I have the choice to either listen in on a phone conference with my fellow entrepreneur John Jackson or skip it. I choose to listen. I realized this morning that I have to have my cup of John Jackson to go along with my coffee to get my day started properly. John is a fantastic individual, and excellent motivational leader in the internet marketing community in which I chose to join into. This morning was no exception and what he brought us was a revelation.

When we talk about our trade, no matter what the business may be, we always speak of it in terms of working our business. In many ways the term " work " has negative connotations, because in our minds we think of the more mundane, and labor intensive parts to what we do. But as he pointed out, when we are doing something that we love to do, and even if it has the same amount of labor, or tasks, it is no longer work, it becomes a creative endeavor. His example was his wanting shutters on his home to make the home more appealing. If he had bought them they would have gone on the house without much thought. But he took the time to purchase the materials, and over the course of a year he created the same shutters he could have bought. He realized that it was a labor of love, creativity and pride in his skills, and never thought of it as " work". So today friends, instead of looking at what you do as "work" look at it as an outlet for your creativity. It will make a big difference in your mental attitude, as well as your performance.Be creative, and enjoy your day.

1 comment: